Collection of Personal Data
Definition of Personal Data
Personal data refers to data about an individual who can be identified from either that particular data, or from that data and other information which R°SSA has or is likely to have access to. Commonly collected personal data of our customers typically include, amongst other things, names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth and credit card information. Personal data in Singapore is protected under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and its related subsidiary legislations.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
Generally we collect your personal data in the following ways:
- Upon submission of all R°SSA official application forms, including but not limited to, application, registration, declaration or other forms;
- Upon provision of other documents or information in respect of you using R°SSA’s services, including but not limited to, facilities, services, products, activities, events or competitions;
- Upon using R°SSA’s registration system, online booking systems and any electronic services that may be implemented subsequently to facilitate the use of services and facilities in R°SSA;
- Upon using the services on R°SSA’s website;
- When you sign up to be included in our mailing list, including but not limited to, for promotions or programmes;
- When you set up an account on R°SSA’s website by registering your details to place and order via this website or to sign up for R°SSA’s membership;
- When you agree to participate in a customer contest, competition, promotion or an event organised by R°SSA, and as well to any survey or interview;
- When you provide any feedback or complaints with regards to our products or services on this website or directly at the Venue;
- When you interact with our staff, including but not limited to, our customer service officers, through telephone calls, emails, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and/or other modes of communication;
- When your images are captured in R°SSA’s premises via CCTV or via photographs and videos taken by R°SSA’s representatives and/or appointed vendors at events at the Venue or for publication purposes; and
- When you submit your personal data to use for any reason.
Such personal data will be used by us only for the specific purpose for which it was provided by you.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Your personal data which we collect with your consent may be used, processed and/or disclosed for various purposes, depending on the circumstances for which we may/will need to process your data, including:
- To communicate with you;
- To manage your purchase order and payment online, the subsequent delivery of the product;
- To process your application for R°SSA’s membership and administering and/or managing your relationship with us;
- To process your payments for your purchases;
- To recover any amounts owed to us;
- For access and security purposes;
- To identify you as a R°SSA member so that you may obtain the benefits of the membership;
- To answer your questions, feedback, product reviews, enquiries or complaints in relation to our products and/or services and resolve the case;
- To facilitate your participation in, and our management of, any special event, customer contest, competition, lucky draw, when you register/subscribe for it;
- To contact you regarding current or new products and/or services offered by R°SSA;
- To inform you of new features, special offers and sales promotions offered by R°SSA;
- To contact you by email about functionality changes to our website;
- To conduct market research or surveys, marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer choices, statistical and trend analysis in relation to our products and/or services; and
Who Will Process Your Personal Data
As a general rule, R°SSA may process your personal data ourselves and will keep them confidential.
R°SSA will not share or disclose your personal data to any individuals or third party operators, except to service providers engaged by R°SSA to perform specific services on behalf of R°SSA and for the purposes mentioned above.
In such situations, the service providers are authorised to use your personal information only to perform the specific services entrusted by R°SSA. As part of our agreement with them, they are required to take all reasonable measures to ensure and maintain a high level of security of your personal data.
Protection of Personal Data
R°SSA takes every precaution and uses reasonable measures to protect your personal data. R°SSA has the necessary technical and organisational measures in place to keep your personal data secure, and in particular, to prevent it from being disclosed to unauthorised third parties. For this purpose, R°SSA takes all measures necessary to secure its computer systems.
Access and/or Correction of Personal Data
You may update your personal information at any time by accessing your registered account(s) with us on the R°SSA website.
When you access, use and/or interact with the R°SSA website, we or our authorised service providers may use “cookies” where a small data file is installed on your computer that stores information about your browsing habits on our website. The cookies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, online behavioural data, profiles of users and their preferred sites. They enable our own system to recognise you when you visit our website again, enhancing your web-viewing experience and allow for more effective online targeted advertising.
You may accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser if the browser so permits. However, please note that you may not be able to use all interactive features if cookies have been disabled completely. While the cookies can tell us when you interact with this website and which pages you visit, it cannot access other data including from your computer or storage device and it does not contain information intended to identify you personally.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with Singapore Law. Both R°SSA and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singaporean Courts.